Fatma’s unreal dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free, 30 mn chocolate chocolate cake ! I had the pleasure of having my nutritionist friends around for dinner last week. Fatma brought along this little nugget, and we were all blown away by it. BLOWN AWAY. This cake goes beyond my understanding of chemistry! I mean there’s… Continue reading
Green falafels made with peas, spinach, pistachios and o’course chickpeas.It is served with a turmeric and tahini sauce.
They are truly delicious, moist, and very nutritious as well as being gluten free! 😘
- for the falafel, you’ll need to blend coarsly: 5 shallots + 2 can of chick peas + 100g of pistachios +100g of peas + a big handful of spinach + 40g of fresh parsley + 40g of fresh coriander + 1 large teaspoon of cumin + 1 large teaspoon of dried coriander + 6 garlic cloves + 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda + 5 tbspoon of buckwheat flour.
- Roll the mixture into balls . You can either fry them in coconut oil ( the key thing is to have a v.hot oil or the mixture will decompose in the pan – if it starts to burn reduce gently) or bake for 20 mn ( or until it starts to brown nicely ) which is a healthier option.
- for the tahini dressing you’ll need to blend: 100g of tahini paste + 4 cloves of garlic + the juice of 1 lemon + a generous handful of coriander or parsley + 1 teaspoon of paprika + 1 teaspoon of cumin + 1 teaspoon of turmeric + 1 teaspoon of sea salt + 1/2 cup of water. You may need to add more water to achieve desired consistency! Enjoy 💚💚💚
A very hydrating and refreshing juice to welcome summertime! For 2 people you’ll need: 1/4 of a pineapple 1/2 a cucumber 1/2 a lemon 1/2 a lime 500g of fresh organic spinach 1 handful of mint Find a good spot in the fresh grass, remove your shoes, connect with the earth and the sound… Continue reading Pineapple, lemon, lime, spinach, mint and cucumber juice
Have you ever wondered what goes on inside your body that could cause so much suffering? The facts are intriguing… While we don’t know why all the symptoms of hangover occur, scientists have uncovered some unique facts behind the physiology of the common symptoms. Here are five facts that can help you recover from it as… Continue reading Recovering from an alcohol hangover? I have got you covered!
Another take on houmous with a fresh and spring feel.
- half a can of chickpeas
- half a can of peas
- 1 garlic clove
- the squeeze of half a lemon
- 3 springs of fresh mint
- 1 large tbspoon of tahini paste
- 2 tbspoon of olive oil
- water for thinning
- salt and pepper to taste
Add all the ingredients to a blender and give it a good whizz…voila!
A dead easy chocolate vegan pot requiring 4 ingredients: 1 can of coconut milk 2 tbspoon of agar flake ( or if not vegan, grass fed gelatin) 2 tbspoon of raw chocolate powder ( or dark chocolate powder) 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence optional maple syrup Instructions: Add the agar flakes to the coconut milk and bring to… Continue reading Silky smooth raw chocolate vegan pot
Welcome to the world of nutrigenomics! This emerging science combines the study of nutrition and genetics to reveal the different ways people respond to food, based on their genetic make-up. So, how can nutrigenomics contribute to making life longer, healthier and better? What is key to understand is that even though you… Continue reading Can my genes determine the best type of diet for me?