I feel very empowered by this recipe!
Once again this is a very easy, quick and cheap recipe! It takes 2 mn more than making a smoothie!
Trust me, try it, it’s so satisfying. It tastes sooo much better than store bought’s one.
And I love the fact that I don’t have anymore carton of milk piling up in my recycling bin, too. Major bonus.
For this recipe you will need:
- 50g of blanched almonds ( or two big handfuls)
- 800ml of filtered water
- a large pinch of salt, I like to use Himalayan salt
- 2 dates, I like to use Medjools
- a teaspoon of vanilla bean paste (optional)
- a cotton nut milk bag (or a pair of tights, or a muslin cloth … a bit more messy)
What to do now?
- Blend it all at high speed with a powerful blender (i.e: Vitamix or Nutribullet) until you get to a milk consistency. If you don’t have a powerful blender, then I suggest soaking the almonds overnight.
- Drain it using your cotton milk bag
- et voila! will keep in the fridge 2 to 3 days. Enjoy !