Lola is a fully insured, mBANT and CNHC registered naturopathic nutritional therapist, graduated from the College of Naturopathic Medicine (CNM) in Brighton with a distinction.
What is the role of nutrition? Nutrition is a powerful therapy, and today there is a vast amount of scientific evidence to prove the benefits of certain foods and nutrients on preventing and supporting illnesses. It is based on a system of healing founded on the concept of food as medicine, helping the relief of many health conditions by making the right nutrition and supplements choices.
How does a nutritionist work? As a nutritional therapist, Lola recognises that every person is unique and requires an individual set of dietary requirements. What might work for one person doesn’t necessarily apply to another. This allows for a deeper understanding of your health concerns and a fully tailored nutritional plan. These are the main issues being investigated:
- What is the first cause, what are the present contributing factors?
- How is the body trying to heal itself?
- What is the minimum level of intervention needed to facilitate the self-healing process?
- What are the patient’s underlying functional weaknesses?
- What education does the patient need to understand why he is sick and how can he achieve health?
- How does the patient physical disease relate to his psychological health?
Lola uses the extensive evidence base of nutritional science to develop a safe and effective nutrition and lifestyle programme and works with supporting chronic conditions, hormonal imbalances and associated diseases, energy promotion, overweight individuals, optimum gastrointestinal health, skin issues as well as optimisation of good health.